NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This promotion is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only, excluding Quebec. THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCEAT TIME OF ENTRY. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant’s (“you or your”) unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decision of the Contest Entities (as defined herein), whose decisions shall be final and binding and non-appealable in all respects. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Contest void where prohibited by law.
The KICKSTART TO SUMMER Contest (the “Contest”), is sponsored by FranklinCovey Co. (the “Contest Sponsors”) and is administered by Elite Email Inc. (the “Administrator”). Collectively, the Contest Sponsors and the Administrator are referred to herein as the Contest Entities (the “Contest Entities”).
• CONTEST DATES: The Contest begins on May 26, 2014 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (ET) (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends on July 6, 2014 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest End Date”). The period between the Contest Start Date and Contest End Date is known as the “Contest Period”.
• ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of the Contest Entities, their respective head office and branch offices, distribution centres, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, administrators, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, agents, any entity that the Contest Entities contract with specific to this Contest and their respective immediate household/family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate household/family members are defined, for these purposes, as including spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, and/or those persons with whom any of the above are domiciled (whether related or not).
• HOW TO ENTER:
PARTICIPATION WITHOUT PURCHASE: To participate in the contest without any purchase or consideration, contestants must send a self-addressed stamped envelope enclosing a handwritten, non-mechanically reproduced original essay of at least 50 words, explaining why they would like to win one of the contest Prizes to the following address: Elite Email Inc. / FranklinCovey Kickstart To Summer Contest, 5511 Steeles Ave. West, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M9L 1S7. If all the conditions of these rules are fulfilled, one (1) valid entry will be submitted into the contest. If the participation without purchase essay is received prior to June 15, 2014, one (1) valid bonus entry will included in the Contest. Limit of one (1) participation without purchase request may be submitted during the Contest Period. All requests must be received prior to the Contest Closing Date.
ONLINE ENTRIES: During the Contest Period, click on the unique link in an email you receive about this Contest. Clicking the link constitutes one ballot entry into the contest and confirmation of your subscription to the Contest Sponsors mailing list. You can unsubscribe and withdraw your consent from this mailing list at any time. After clicking the link, you will arrive on a page that confirms your information and gathers additional subscription preferences. Entrant information will not be provided to any third parties without explicit permission. Successfully submit the form (“Bonus Entry Form”) using valid information for one additional bonus ballot entry into the draw (collectively the entry from the email link and the form submission are known as the “Contest Entry”). You will see a confirmation message that your bonus entry was received for the Contest. Clicking the link in the email and/or submitting the Bonus Entry Form constitutes your agreement and full consent (which can be revoked at any time) to receive email messages and/or phone calls from the Contest Entities on any related subject matter, including, but not limited to, prize notification and instructions. There is a limit of one (1) entry per valid email address that clicks the link and one (1) entry per valid Bonus Entry Form submission during the Contest Period. Duplication may result in disqualification. Participants must have received an email inviting them to join the contest to submit an entry using this method. Entrants are solely responsible for any data charges that may be incurred when clicking the link. All Contest Entries must be received and recorded within the Contest Period. The Administrator’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest.
EARLY BIRD AND/OR BONUS DRAW: During the Contest Period there will be a special early bird draw only applicable to entrants who are within the first one-hundred (100) people to complete a valid online contest entry or participation without purchase entry. If no more than one-hundred entries are received throughout the Contest Period, than all valid entries will be included in the special draw. An entry to the special draw follows the exact same rules as described in section 3, except is limited to only the first one-hundred (100) valid entries. There is a limit of one (1) entry per valid email address into each special draw during the Contest Period.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the Contest Entry will be considered made by the natural person who is assigned the email address that was sent the unique contest link and/or the natural person who is assigned the email address that was submitted on the contest entry form. All Entries become the sole property of the Contest Sponsors and cannot be returned.
*For the purposes of this Contest, “day” is defined as the calendar day beginning at 12:00:01 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET.
• PRIZES AND PRIZE DRAWS: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”), four (4) secondary prizes (the “Secondary Prizes”) and ten (10) early bird prizes (the “Early Bird Prizes”) available to be won (collectively referred to as “Prizes”). The grand prize consists of one (1) two-thousand Canadian dollar (CDN$2000) Amazon.ca gift card. Approximate retail value of the grand prize is two thousand Canadian dollars (CDN$2000). The secondary prize consists of one (1) Apple iPad Mini® 16GB Wi-Fi with an approximate retail value of three-hundred and sixty dollars (CDN$360), one (1) Canon EOS Rebel T3® 12.2MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Zoom Lens (Black) with an approximate retail value of three-hundred and eighty dollars (CDN$380), one (1) PlayStation 4® with an approximate retail value four-hundred and fifty dollars (CDN$450), and one (1) Sony SmartWatch 2® SW2 1275-2741 for Android Phones with an approximate retail value of one-hundred and eighty dollars (CDN$180). The early prizes are ten (10) fifty dollar ($50) Starbucks® Canada gift card with an approximate retail value of fifty Canadian dollars ($50). Prizes will be awarded at the end of the Contest Period. Odds of winning a Prize depend on number of entries received during the Contest Period.
On July 7, 2014 at approximately noon ET at 5511 Steeles Ave. West, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, a random draw will be conducted from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select one (1) potential prize winner for the Grand Prize, four (4) potential winners for the Secondary Prizes, and ten (10) potential winners for the Early Bird Prizes.
Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors, which reserve the right for any reason to award or substitute a Prize, or part thereof, of equal or greater value, including without limitation a cash award. Limit one (1) Prize per household.
• CHANCES TO WIN: Chances to win a prize depend upon the number of valid entries received during the Contest Period.
• HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: If you are selected as a potential Prize winner, you will be notified via email within three (3) business days of selection. The potential winner then must: (i) acknowledge correspondence from the Contest Sponsor’s representative within five (5) business days of notification; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a required mathematical skill-testing question; (iii) sign a form of Declaration of Compliance and Release (the “Release”) and return to the Contest Sponsors’ authorized representative by fax or email within five (5) business days of receipt of the Release; and (iv) otherwise comply with these Rules.
Prizes will be delivered only to confirmed winners. If a potential winner of any Prize: (a) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question; (b) fails to properly complete and return the Release within the time specified; (c) does not comply with these Official Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion); (d) cannot be contacted in accordance with these Official Rules for any reason; and/or (e) cannot accept a Prize for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize). The Contest Sponsors or its authorized representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact the eligible the winners by email or by telephone within five (5) business days of the draw for verification and issuing the Release. If a winner cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or five (5) business days (whichever occurs first), or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable/unanswered; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to Prize) and another draw will be conducted to select a winner of that Prize.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsors for Prize after shipping, and each winner bears all risk of loss or damages to his/her prize after shipping. The Contest Sponsors make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize.
• By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be legally bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Contest Sponsors, which shall be final and legally binding (without right of appeal) on the entrant in all matters relating to this Contest including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return the Release identified above which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Contest Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, city of residence/province, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsors, at any time, in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
• GENERAL. The Contest Sponsors may at any time, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, subject only to approval required by law and without prior notice, obligation or liability, withdraw, cancel amend or suspend this Contest or amend these Official Rules for any reason, including but not limited to, any error (including any accident, printing, administrative, or other error), in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted on the www.franklincoveycontests.com website to that effect. In addition, for the purposes of determining eligibility to win a Prize in the event of early termination of the Contest, all eligible entries received prior to the time of early termination will be reviewed by the Contest Sponsors, and for the purposes of these Official Rules, the Contest Period will be deemed to have ended at the moment of early termination.
• No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Entities for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason. The Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
• The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant with these Official Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules.
• LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, each participant acknowledges and agrees that the Releasees: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of any Prize, (ii) make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use/misuse of a Prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest. The Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, these Official Rules, the announcement of winners and/or the distribution of Prizes.
• Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize awarded, including not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
• The Contest Entities are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the announcement of winners, distribution of the prizes or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any email to be received by the Contest Sponsors or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. The Contest Entities are not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest. The Contest Entities do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
• Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Contest Entitles be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the service, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
• All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
• DISCREPANCY:In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the prize Claim Forms, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
• PERSONAL INFORMATION. The Contest Sponsors collect and use the personal information you provide for the purposes of Contest administration and Prize fulfillment. By entering the Contest you consent to such collection and use. Personal information maintained by the Contest Sponsors and their agents for the purposes of this Contest may be kept on servers outside of Canada. For more information about how the Contest Sponsors manage your personal information, see the Contest Sponsor’s respective Privacy Policies available at: www.eliteemail.com and www.franklincovey.com.
All trademarks, logos and images belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.
© Franklin Covey Co. All rights reserved | franklincovey.ca | 866-576-3746 | Contest Rules